1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

World War 3 has started

Discussion in 'Personal' started by florapost, Jun 28, 2012.

1. It must have been these
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18622011
    5 military planes flew over the school at lunchtime and the word spread that WW3 had started
    a couple of the more common sense-challenged kids were in hysterics
    some of the brighter kids took great delight in fanning the flames of the rumours
    i despair!!!!!

2. v12

v12

Aww C'mon! Who amongst us wouldn't have done that as well?!

3. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

Many years ago, around the time of the Bosnian war, we were in 'the vicinity' when a huge siren went off very near to where we were staying. Turned out to be a nearby factory sounding the lunch break but it scared the hell out of us and all the other foreigners .......................

4. v12 - you is bad!!!
    but interesting to see it's not just kids

5. I've been known to tell kids at this time of year that they'll have to make up any snow days and come in after term officially finishes. The coup de grace on this is that I tell them it was all in a school newsletter that they chucked in the bin...
    cyolba, lighting up switchboards :)

6. 576

576 Established commenter

Who against?
    Do we win again?

7. only if your school is near the raf museum

8. now that made a lot of sense, didn't it?
    florapost, wondering what on earth she meant

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

A not uncommon sight when we lived in Germany, Jaguars at the back of the flat and Phantoms just down the road, plus all the helicopters. Quite usual here in August as well, Airbourne!