1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

World maths Day problem

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by teena3, Feb 7, 2011.

1. help !

After 20 mins I give up. I am registered but can't get my classes registered. I have used CTRL C to copy from a spreadsheet and have used CTRL V to paste in and I can see the names in the table but the register button is greyed out. I have given the group a name and chosen an age. It is as if it can't see the names in their though they are clearly there. It must be something obvious. Any clues ?

2. help !

After 20 mins I give up. I am registered but can't get my classes registered. I have used CTRL C to copy from a spreadsheet and have used CTRL V to paste in and I can see the names in the table but the register button is greyed out. I have given the group a name and chosen an age. It is as if it can't see the names in their though they are clearly there. It must be something obvious. Any clues ?

3. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Puzzled teena3 - as this year in my experience has been the most painless to register students. I did do it pretty early in the morning though, I wonder if traffic is an issue?
    It's not a browser problem is it? Can't remember which I used now.
    Have you tried to contact the wmd people? I have found them helpful when I contacted them in previous years.

4. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Just checked registration in Firefox - seems fine.
    On a lighter note - sorted out my avatar on World Maths Day a few days ago - gave myself reddish brown hair, login today and I'm a blonde!

5. I had this problem with some of my classes but not others.
    I found, though, if I clicked on the surname of the last person on the list and pressed enter, the register button becomes highlighted.
    Hope this works for you too.

6. Thanks everyone.

Tried again now, ready to take salsamaths advice but it worked fine. Must have been a problem their end last night. BTW my hair has changed to blond too!

7. My hair is purple but when I show the kids on the projector, it is turquoise - very annoying,
    I have an iPad app for WMD which is TOTALLY addictive, as I have found the multiplication and division section, which is my favourite!!

8. Have you tried them at level 5 on teacher login?
    <u>Maths</u>
    Had to get my calculator out for some of them!!
    <u>Spelling</u>
    Couldn't get past two in a minute for the first few attempts. 10 year old son was first to get 3. [​IMG]
    High score now 6, yay!! [​IMG]