1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

World has fallen to bits

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by whistle4it, May 12, 2010.

1. This time two weeks ago I was worried about having spots and weaning my son onto solids. I only wish that were still the case. OH been susoended due to police investigation. Our stuff has been taken for analysis and all we kniow is it is surrounding a CP issue. He could lose everything. Noone will tell us anything and my darling boy is now on some social services register. I am sick and numb. I don't know what to do or say. The police say it cud be weeks or months. Every day is a living hell. Just goes ti show that I should never take good times for granted. X

2. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Oh God, just spotted this before bed, so thought I'd better reply before I turn in.
    Really sorry to hear about what's going on right now. I don't really know what to say. I take it your OH is a teacher .... and they haven't told you what the allegations against him are. How awful.
    I know I'm not helping, but one thing that springs to mind is that my husband was on the social services register when he was a boy, because of his older brother who had severe mental health issues. It had nothing to do with the parenting he was receiving, it was just because of the family circumstances at that particular time. It doesn't reflect badly on you as a mother and indeed, to me you sound like a fab and very maternal and loving mum.
    I take the good times for granted all the time - I think we all do, to some extent. We shouldn't but we're only human.
    You'll get through this.
    Hugs to you in the meantime (((whistle4it)))

3. Sh*t! That's terrible!
    Is your man a teacher?

4. Whistle, can you speak to a Lawyer - surely your OH has a legal right to know what the allergations are?

Thinking of you xxx

5. Sending lots of support vibes your way. Can't say anything that others haven't already said... OH should be given some info as to allegations, at least so you know what you're up against.
    Take care xx

6. Don't really know what to say, it's a terrible situation.
    Thinking of you

7. Oh whistle I really don't know what to say but sending lots of love to you and your family.

8. That must be terrible for you.
    Thinking of you.

9. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

So sorry Whistle4it, sounds like you're having a really tough time at the moment. Thinking of you x

10. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

So sorry to hear about this.
    Will it mean you have to return to work earlier than expected?
    Hope everything gets sorted out for all your sakes.
    [​IMG]

11. Flipping heck, whistle4it, hope everything works out. How awful! [​IMG] Take care, hope the situation is resolved soon x

12. (((whistle4it)))
    So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you.

13. Hello lovely ladies, sorry for delayed response as doing this from phone. Yes my oh is a teacher and on slt just promoted. This is to do with indecent images of some kind tho we have no idea what or how. They have taken anything we own capable of storing this sort of muck. We have been told nothing else and police not returning calls just told us initially it cud be six weeks or six months. Very unfair. The head has told the whole staff the police r involved, so if he ever does go back it will be pretty untenable. He is on full pay but does not seem much of a consolation right now. Thanks for all yr kind words and excuse the errors! X

14. How awful for you whistle, I have no idea what you must be going through right now.I am think of you though.

15. Oh my gosh poor you [​IMG] I can't begin to imagine what you must be going through. I really hope things are sorted out soon. Hugs

16. Hope all is sorted soon!

17. Four weeks in, no movement. Police held stuff for bloody two of the weeks and keep fobbing us off. Me and OH were told a week ago it would be a week till we know anything. And now we have been told two more weeks. Not coping well :( having OH here driving me nuts and we r at each others throats all the time. I don't want new days to start anymore and noone can help us get it moving. The school have told the whole staff why he has been suspended so how the hell is he meant to go back in now? Innocent until proven guilty my ****, more like the other way around. X

18. Hi Whistle4it. I'm sorry to hear of your difficult position. Have you spoken to any legal bods yet? union? etc... I cant imagine how you are coping but I hope the distraction of you son is helping. Take care

19. Union were horrified that staff were told anything at all and so they are onside. Solicitor said he can't get it moving. The thing that really annoys me is they held our stuff for first two weeks and did nothing with it as there is staff sickness and mat leave in that dept. Two weeks where my OH was suspended and staff were speculating. I am so bloody angry