1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

World Book Night

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafkam, Feb 17, 2012.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Anyone else been selected as a book-giver this year?
    I'll be giving away copies of Bryson's "Notes from a Small Island" on the night, myself.

2. tafkam

Oh goodness. Me? A Kindle? Not likely! Where's the fun in that?
    (Okay, I'll confess, my phone has the Kindle App just in case I occasionally want to dabble, but I wouldn't go so far as to become a ebooker all the way)

3. Yes I will have a few copies of " The Damned United" to give away.
    It was good fun last year. :¬))

4. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I would like to get involved, am I too late and where do I find info?

5. The only disadvantage of being a Kobo reader is that I can't pass on books anymore so I'm delighted to have had an email tonight to say I've been selected to give out copies of The Time Traveller's Wife! [​IMG]

6. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

I'm also giving out Notes on a Small Island.

7. Yes you are too late this year. http://www.worldbooknight.org/
    I was a giver last year and have been selected again. I will be giving away copies of The Book Thief.

8. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Ah never mind, will someone remind me next year please?

9. tafkam

Is there any way of looking again at our submissions from when we applied?
    I'm sure at the back of my mind I had planned some sort of event, but now can't for the life of me remember the details. I just wish I could see what I wrote again!
    (And if anybody makes any comments about marbles, I'll clock 'em!)

10. Ooh yes, been chosen again! I'll be giving away The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox!

11. And if anybody makes any comments about marbles, I'll clock 'em!)

Marbles Tafkam?
    Sorry coudn't resist, must be an age thing!!

12. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

I was about to ask "was it any good?" but then realised that you wouldn't have chosen to give it if it wasn't!
    I am trying to resist adding to my Kindle collection at the moment...

13. Well actually Sleepyhead I'm not sure! The e-mail told me I'd been awarded my first choice, but to be honest I'm sure I didn't choose this book as any of my choices! never mind, it's quite nice just to be able to give the books away.

14. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!
    Just tried to choose a location to pick up my books. It did not recognise my postcode so spent about three quarters of an hour scrolling down to find my nearest location which are not even in alphabetical order! Once I found my location, computer has just frozen and then returned to home page!! Thought it was my laptop but same thing happened on the ipad!!
    Anyone else having problems?

15. tafkam

I hadn't even realised we were able to select our pick-up yet!

16. They sent me an email yesterday asking me to choose a location. Try signing in to their website. That's all I did and was directed to their locations page. Bit of a nightmare choosing location though. The search facility would not recognise my address or even the library that was on their list!! All sorted now though, I guess their website may have been busy last night...
    Good luck!! [​IMG]