1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

World Book Day

Discussion in 'Primary' started by *Daisie*, Jan 20, 2011.

1. *Daisie*

*Daisie* New commenter

Hi I know it's a bit early but I'm trying to sort out what we are going to do for World Book Day this year.
    A lot of people (staff and children) really don't like it, as the same things seem to be done every year (dress up and then write/make books in groups all day).
    I'd like to come up with a big list of things that we could do, which everyone will enjoy. Preferably to do with reading books not writing them.
    I was wondering what sort of things other schools do. Does anyone have any really good ideas that will get children and staff excited about reading?
    Thanks in advance for your help

2. *Daisie*

*Daisie* New commenter

Hi I know it's a bit early but I'm trying to sort out what we are going to do for World Book Day this year.
    A lot of people (staff and children) really don't like it, as the same things seem to be done every year (dress up and then write/make books in groups all day).
    I'd like to come up with a big list of things that we could do, which everyone will enjoy. Preferably to do with reading books not writing them.
    I was wondering what sort of things other schools do. Does anyone have any really good ideas that will get children and staff excited about reading?
    Thanks in advance for your help