1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

World Book Day - Which literary character are you most like?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by DaisysLot, Mar 2, 2011.

1. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

or would you like to be seen as :p

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

or would you like to be seen as :p

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Elizabeth Bennett, right down to the irritating mother! Not sure that I've married Mr Darcy though.

4. George

Apart from the fact that Timmy always seemed a bit licky

5. Oh I'd definitely be GWTW's Scarlet O'Hara, but without the selfish streak. [​IMG]

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Francisco d'Anconia

7. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

Richard in The Mystery of the Blue Arrows by Chuck and David McKee.

8. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

The White Rabbit.

9. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby.

10. When I was a child I wanted to be Helen Burns but preferably without the untimely death. Now I'm rather afraid I see a lot of myself in the (much older) Lucy Smalley in Staying On, or on a good/bad day in Lester Burnham in American Beauty.

11. When I was young I desperately wanted to be George - no draconian mother in the books, or Scout - with Atticus/Gregory Peck for a father who wouldn't - In my adolescence I wanted to be any one of Georgette Heyer's heroines, Venetia was my favourite, Now, just like Lily (what is going on here Lil?) I can see an awful lot of me in Lucy Smalley, one of the most underrated characters in literary fiction IMO, beautifully written.
    Doesn't the ending make you cry EVERY time Lily?

12. Hawkmoon

13. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Have you got a big sword of dawn and a black jewel implanted in your forehead Bauble? In the Multiverse I would have placed you as more of an Elric.
    Anyway, good call on the plane of reality, I should like to be Jerry Cornelius.

14. Wel, no. But I have been to the Kamarg and Londra and my zippo doubles as a flame lance should the need arise.

15. lurk_much

I do have a sword and boiled leather gauntlets, they are quite handy for keeping the lonicera in check and as I react badly to leylandii cypress the leather armour is very useful when trimming it in the spring.

16. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Others have suggested:
    The first time mum read The Curious Case Of The Dog In The Nightime she kept telling me how like Christopher Boone I was!.....but that'd just because he's an ASD character who enjoys Maths! (And a lot of his ASD traits are ones I share!)
    At school we read Lord of the Flies and I was 'Piggy' for some time - more becase I was quiet and bespectacled - my weight issues came much later!
    Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings.

My own thoughts:
    Simone from the Chalet School series.
    Miss Lemon from the Poirot books.
    Ilse from the Trotzkopf series
    Rose from An Old Fashioned Girl

17. Do you seek Tanelorn beyond your Leylandii ?

18. lurk_much

The runestaff is my thing.

19. nomad

nomad Star commenter

The Demon Headmaster
    (Who incidentally looks remarkably like Jack Straw)

[​IMG]