1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

World Book Day 2012

Discussion in 'English' started by missbear33, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Hi all,

This is my first time in a proper teaching position to experience World Book Day! Any suggestions of activities for a Year 1 class? For Numeracy I want to do something related to George's Marvellous Medicine or Revolting Recipes but don't have either book (was just an idea) I've thought of creating a book cover and a bookmark but just wondered if any of you had any other fun 'hands-on' activities I could do?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Hi all,

This is my first time in a proper teaching position to experience World Book Day! Any suggestions of activities for a Year 1 class? For Numeracy I want to do something related to George's Marvellous Medicine or Revolting Recipes but don't have either book (was just an idea) I've thought of creating a book cover and a bookmark but just wondered if any of you had any other fun 'hands-on' activities I could do?

Thanks in advance :)

3. millicent_bystander

millicent_bystander New commenter

We are getting our KS3/4 students to create interview questions to ask teachers - 'mystery guests' about their reading. Could you adapt this idea for year 1?
    Have fun!