1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Workshops for Schools - how do you find them?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Krisdani, Jan 19, 2012.

1. I wonder if you could help me?
    We are looking to promote our "Active Maths" workshops to Primary Schools in the North West and are looking at how best to approach the marketing activity.
    If you were looking for workshops, where would you look ?
    Search engine - "Workshops for Schools" maybe ?
    Advertising in education magazines ?
    Would you follow up on marketing emails / newsletters sent to your school?
    Other?
    Your views would be very welcome - thanks in advance

2. I wonder if you could help me?
    We are looking to promote our "Active Maths" workshops to Primary Schools in the North West and are looking at how best to approach the marketing activity.
    If you were looking for workshops, where would you look ?
    Search engine - "Workshops for Schools" maybe ?
    Advertising in education magazines ?
    Would you follow up on marketing emails / newsletters sent to your school?
    Other?
    Your views would be very welcome - thanks in advance

3. TBH I receive a million and one adverts for this sort of thing and they are filed in the B1N most of the time. I would get a website going with a video of you doing a workshop and send out the link in an email. Then we can see what we are getting and its no effort, sorry to be a bit down about it but I measure my unsolicited mail in kilos daily and it does not get opened. You need to create the marketplace by showing evidence of an essential and successful workshop in action. If I want a workshop I google them, if you want to change that you need to create the interest and a mailshot wouldn't work for me.

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Give the price first and foremost. It's the deciding factor for us.

5. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

Agree that I get bombarded with flyers for workshops. We do take some on, generally if:

* they are offering something a little distinctive from the others

* the info/website look professional

* there is information which suggests you are good quality. I like the video idea.

You do have the slight advantage in Maths that I receive relatively few of these compared to others.

Personally, I am most welcome to look at printed information in my pigeon hole. Although (logically) there is no difference, I feel that unsolicited email contact is spam and treat it as such! Don't really look at adverts at all in magazines.

6. Well as a Head of Science at a Secondary school I agree with the comments above and my wife is a deputy head of a Primary school, we both get bombarded by emails and mail shots which all end up being filed in the bin.

However, we, although mostly my wife, struggle to find small companies in the vast ether of cyber space so we created an online school workshop directory: www.findschoolworkshops.co.uk with the aim of enabling teachers etc to find the right school workshop for them in the right area quickly and as we are both teachers we hope it meets teachers needs!