1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Workshops for Primary Schools - how do you find them?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Krisdani, Jan 19, 2012.

1. I wonder if you could help me?
    We are looking to promote our "Active Maths" workshops to Primary Schools in the North West and are looking at how best to approach the marketing activity.
    If you were looking for workshops, where would you look ?
    Search engine - "Workshops for Schools" maybe ?
    Advertising in education magazines ?
    Would you follow up on marketing emails / newsletters sent to your school?
    Other?
    Your views would be very welcome - thanks in advance.

2. I wonder if you could help me?
    We are looking to promote our "Active Maths" workshops to Primary Schools in the North West and are looking at how best to approach the marketing activity.
    If you were looking for workshops, where would you look ?
    Search engine - "Workshops for Schools" maybe ?
    Advertising in education magazines ?
    Would you follow up on marketing emails / newsletters sent to your school?
    Other?
    Your views would be very welcome - thanks in advance.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I do workshops for schools. I send out about 2000 emails a month of which between 10 - 15% get opened. Probably get 3 - 4 bookings from that. Cost is £40 a month.
    It is hard to get emails opened!
    Leaflets are expensive - but probably more likely to be read.
    Marketing is difficult!! Especially when you know you have a really good product - you just have to get your message across to people.

4. hya what do you do exactly during your workshop and why should a school book you? I only ask because at my school the teachers put forward who we want in and why and the head says yes or no depending on budget, time of year and the way the teacher pitches it. Once we have had an excellent workshop group in we book them again and again because so many times we have booked new companies and find ourselves disappointed. If we have recomendations from other local schools we certainly consider that more than a leaflet. Would it be worth you targeting a school in each area and offer a free/discounted option on the basis that they recomend you to their other cluster schools? Or even offer a discount for a cluster (we are a cluster of 5 within 3 mile radius) which would make good business sense and you could then target other local schools explaining that you had recently delivered a workshop at ... and they are happy for you to contact them to see what they thought - that is if you are super confident about what you are delivering ;) good luck

5. GARDEN24

GARDEN24 New commenter

How about taster sessions or offer to do INSET presentations?