1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worksheet Generators

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Brenden, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Brenden

Brenden New commenter

You win some, you lose some. Most of the old regulars have moved on to other teaching forums anyway.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL

I forgot to answer, I did look at some maths sheets.

I teach year 2 and wouldn't set the calculations out vertically, so rendering the worksheets useless. I possibly should have looked at some literacy ones, but don't generally use worksheets there so didn't.

Sorry.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Felt a bit guilty so looked at the literacy.

For children working at such a low level, by the time they have cut out those letters (and chopped half of them in half and needed a new sheet and all that) they will have forgotten what they had to do with the letters.

I do admire your ability to write programs, but the sheets seem to be very old fashioned. I don't mind this in terms of look, quite approve sometimes, but in terms of the calculation methods it does make the sheets unlikely to be used by lots of teachers.

4. Brenden, I am no longer teaching, but I always liked your resources.

Did you post this on PTRC? It sounds pretty useful to me, but maybe you should also post on the yr6 Teacher yahoo group!!!

Nice that you still want to share your skills!

5. Brenden

Brenden New commenter

I completely agree with everyone regarding the old-fashionedness of the design, and after having a look at worksheetworks.com I am well and truly humbled, I think I'll phase this back out again until I can think of a novel way to approach it.

6. Love your site Brenden and use it regularly for variety of things!
    Thank you
    Liz