1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Workplace training and development

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by oHelzo, Jul 26, 2019.

1. oHelzo

oHelzo Occasional commenter

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right forum for this at all but it's the best one I know so asking on the off-chance someone can signpost me!

I work for an NHS organisation and our training and development lead has gone on secondment so I've been offered secondment to her role. She had an interest in the area but no formal previous experience beyond delivering face to face training. My experience is hands-on training in schools and now the healthcare workplace, also peer review of education packages. We have a bare-bones training and development strategy, which needs developing and implementing.

I have expressed reservations about how well I can fulfil it, but really have a chance here so willing to give it a go. How do I start to find out what needs to be in our training and development strategy? How do I go about putting it into practice?

Yours hopefully, Helz