1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Workplace bullying: a loophole closed?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by 59th_street, Nov 23, 2011.

1. GL
    an incredible and ongoing story.
    every case is different and i know yours has taken its toll.
    i admire you for it and hope that others stand up to the bulying as a result.
    stay well colleague

2. casper

casper New commenter

Fantastic well done you should be proud of yourself.I know what effect his can have on your emotional and physical health.

3. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Thanks both! I do feel quite chuffed!
    Having bothered to look, I have now discovered that the new Education Act gained Royal Assent on 15th November 2011. Commencement of the bit that deals with the nuking of the GTC is devolved to the Secretary of State. We shall need to watch out for the publication of the statutory instrument containing the regulations relating to the new regulator's powers and jump on him straight away if he doesn't translate his undertakings into action!

4. So pleased to hear this. am presently considering getting a solicitor involved in my own case as the Union are not able to help me. This news is reassuring.

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Excellent news. All the badly-treated teachers in the country should be grateful to you..
    Thank you, GL. xx

6. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Look in your inbox! x

7. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

GL
    I'm still awaiting an outcome to my story; it's something I will be wanting to take further so everything you post on here is useful.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    SSx

8. jellycowfish

jellycowfish New commenter

Excellent news, GL!. Congratulations on succeeding in your continuous battle for justice. Let's hope this is the beginning of the end for those who seem determined to ruin the lives of others. Thank you.

9. Well done, GL - it will be interesting to see whether Mr Gove keeps his promises.
    Watch out bullying HTs..you'll (hopefully!) soon have to start treating your hardworking staff properly and maybe then you'll deserve your cushy salaries...

10. richfruitcake

richfruitcake New commenter

So impressed to hear this update. I know you have worked incredibly hard in your fight against work place bullying and were also very supportive when I was unwell following issues at a previous school. I take my hat off to you.