1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

workload

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Anisha_J, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Anisha_J

Anisha_J New commenter

I have recently moved year group from ks1 to ks2. Decision was made after working in KS1 for four years. I returned to work 6months ago and have an 18 month old son. My timetable is busy. I work in a private school and there is a lot of pressure pleasing the parents as well as examinations. I am teaching 8 different subjects to my year group and am finding it really difficult to cope with the changes of subject and getting my head around the work for this year group. Last year the teacher was only doing 4 subjects which was what I thought I would be doing!

After returning from mat leave I applied for a 4 day week but was denied it as there was already a member of staff working a 4 day week at the time. She retired the same year! Grrrrrrr.... The old head had left the same year too.

Since then we have a new headmaster. He seems nice enough but need to speak to the deputy if there are timetable issues. I have been at work 4 days I know it's early days yet but I honestly cannot cope with this anymore as well as attending to my little one at home. He is 18 months and I'm the youngest mother there. All of the other staff members have children that are adults. I just feel as though I'm being picked on as I don't make a fuss and do whatever they throw at me. It's so unfair. I want to speak to the deputy head regarding my timetable but am unsure how to tackle it. Any suggestions would be really helpful!

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Apply for part time working again - You can legally do so once an academic year. Be sure to follow Theos advice on how best to compost your letter giving good business suggestions for how it could work and be of benefit to the school.