1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working without QTS

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by sebastian_paz1, Jul 8, 2020.

1. sebastian_paz1

sebastian_paz1 New commenter

Hello, after 4 years (that is the legal limit I think) working in two agencies, in a semi regular basis, I got an email from them telling me that they cannot give me more teacher jobs as I did not get a QTS in the last years.
    I am finishing my Diploma level 5 and will try to get my QTLS, but I do ot have a "proper" qualification yet.
    Because my teaching qualification is quite worthless here it became very difficult to get a "normal" QTS, as I do not even have a Bachelor Degreee (even though I spent also 5 years in Uni in Argentina as well)
    I am trying to study to get the qualification and I worked very hard to make a name in several schools, is not like I do not know that I need the QTS or similar, but maybe I can have some more time, while I try to finish my degree.
    Does anyone have been in a similar situation?

Thanks

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

3. historygrump

historygrump Star commenter Forum guide

Sebastian you can still work in schools as a cover supervisor and this will provide an income at least, also I would seriously recommend that you seek to get also the QTLS, which is legally equal to QTS and is recognised as such by schools, until you complete your degree.

ATfan, agathamorse and pepper5 like this.