1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

working with a group for an interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by tamtams, Jan 30, 2012.

1. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

Hi, if the children do not have stickers with their names on ask them and try to remember as many as you can, they will be looking at how you interact with the children,. If you have to don't be afraid to reinforce the rule hands up please no shouting out. If you have some shy ones who wont answer just keep trying with them and keep asking them, say things like does anybody want to help X out,, keep giving positive praise to all even if they are off track with their answers with comments like that's a brilliant answer well done or that's a very good try but, try to make sure you involve all the group not just the ones that may keep answering. You may find that the teacher has put a child in the group that struggles to stay on task this happened to me once, I said things like I was told how brilliant you are do you want to show me, or I need somebody to help could you help me with this. I made sure I had a pen and paper while working with the group just to write down a few notes as I went along so I was able to offer feedback to the teacher afterwards if asked.
    Hope this has been of some help, good luck with the interview, lets us know how it went.