1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working put part time salary after maternity leave

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by The_Laughing_Fish, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone can help point me in the right ddirection. I am a primary teacher who until last month was working full time. Ihave just had a gorgeous baby and am now looking at my options to returning to work. I have said that I would go back full time but I would really like to go back for 3 or 4 days a week. I know School would be supportive but I just don't know how to work out how it would affect my salary? Is there a cunning calculation?

Thank you in advance for all replies!

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

You can use the salary calculator found here - www.tesfaq.co.uk

A 4 day week is known as a 0.8 fractional contract?. A 3 day week would be a 0.6?. Though be aware that such fractional contracts do not necessarily mean your hours are spread across x number of days like that.

Hunt out TheoGriffs advice on how to compose your part time working request letter so you can make that formal request?. Again it sounds promising that your school would be supportive, but while they legally have to consider your request you do not have the right to have your request granted.