1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working Memory/ Retention

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by sulla88bc, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hi

Does anyone have a programme or any resources they would recommend for this topic. We are a small SEN centre and retention of information with our guys is the biggest problem. I would like to run a memory skills programme alongside our numeracy and literacy ones...any ideas?

Thanks

2. Hi

Does anyone have a programme or any resources they would recommend for this topic. We are a small SEN centre and retention of information with our guys is the biggest problem. I would like to run a memory skills programme alongside our numeracy and literacy ones...any ideas?

Thanks

3. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Have a look at an article by Susan Gathercole ' Working Memory in the Classroom '

4. Panjang

Panjang New commenter

Have a look at Jungle Memory. My daughter had working memory problems and recently completed a programme called Cogmed but it is very expensive. However her working memory is now up to average levels, she has moved up a maths set and her marks have gone up across the board at school, particularly in Science. Jungle memory is a much cheaper version, although it needs close supervision by you for it to be effective.

My daughter is dyslexic with high average intelligence. I don't know how effective these programmes are with slow learners but the research is on their websites so you could take a look.