1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working in UAE

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Dakota808, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Dakota808

Dakota808 New commenter

I was just wondering about working in places like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Kuwait.
    I was thinking Saudi Arabia as option number one, but whats putting me off is the complexity of their visas ( i.e entry visa and multi entry visa) I wouldn't want to be stuck in a country at the hands of my employer. Also in terms schools, which to avoid, how to know if the school is reputable and not a scam in terms of benefits (ie flight, accommodations, healthcare etc)
    Which would be better in terms of pay, safety, and quality of schools.
    Also would like to hear from those who teach primary or secondary in those countries and how it is.
    Thank you!

2. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

join Search Associates and check out their database.

3. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Occasional commenter

If you're put off by Saudi Arabia because of their visa requirements then you'll be put off by Qatar as well as you also need an exit permit from your employer to leave Qatar...

4. markedout

markedout Occasional commenter

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait are not in the UAE.

5. Dakota808

Dakota808 New commenter

sorry i meant to say working in the middle east

6. Dakota808

Dakota808 New commenter

Have you lived in either Qatar or Saudi Arabia? can you tell me about working over there and any issues you may have had?