1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working in new academies

Discussion in 'Science' started by Helas, May 4, 2007.

1. Just some advice.

This may sound a bit bitter as I have chosen to leave my school which becomes an academy in sept. But the SMT clearly show no empathy or consideration for staff or pupils. For staff they do not like they have made unacceptable contracts forcing them to leave. They have targetted pupils with the intention of exclusion asap when the academy opens. They are scrapping GCSE without any parental consultation in favour of BTECs, which make them look better but do not help the learners at the high end.

Its just sad to see this happen to a rapidly improving london comprhensive and I will be leaving with a lump in my throat.

BTW they advertised my job without me resigning! Is that grounds for constructive dismissal?!!

YOu have been warned. Put your head in the lions mouth at your peril!

2. Just some advice.

This may sound a bit bitter as I have chosen to leave my school which becomes an academy in sept. But the SMT clearly show no empathy or consideration for staff or pupils. For staff they do not like they have made unacceptable contracts forcing them to leave. They have targetted pupils with the intention of exclusion asap when the academy opens. They are scrapping GCSE without any parental consultation in favour of BTECs, which make them look better but do not help the learners at the high end.

Its just sad to see this happen to a rapidly improving london comprhensive and I will be leaving with a lump in my throat.

BTW they advertised my job without me resigning! Is that grounds for constructive dismissal?!!

YOu have been warned. Put your head in the lions mouth at your peril!

3. Oh dear, my schools been told it'll either merge, or become a city accademy or both! Oh dear!