1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working in Germany

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by catsmieow, Mar 28, 2016.

1. catsmieow

catsmieow New commenter

hi,
    I am an experienced English teacher who has been thinking about working abroad. I have seen a job that I really fancy applying for but I'm a bit concerned about how many jobs seem to be coming up at this school. I know I can't name the school but can anyone advise me of any no-go schools in Northern Germany, particular chain Academy type schools?
    Many thanks

2. musikteech

musikteech Occasional commenter

I'm interested to know what's the salary for a teacher in Germany then?

3. Dramakween

Dramakween Occasional commenter

That school advertises lots of jobs every year. Try searching 'saintly school'. I'm not sure what the TES has done with its search facility but I'm not finding much these days - maybe I'm using it incorrectly. I am sure that people on here can fill you in.

4. invincible

invincible New commenter

The Saints are closing one of their schools in the summer (not a rumour - is in the local newspapers) and, from what I hear, their mainstay is not doing too well at the moment either (though no confirmation on that last point).

5. musicismyreligion

musicismyreligion New commenter

I know someone at one of these schools who is very happy.

6. englishtt06

englishtt06 Occasional commenter

That may well be so but I can tell you that in the last ten years I have been teaching English (and regularly checking the international jobs and overseas forum) including five years in Germany, this post has been re-advertised EVERY year. So someone (or at least ten someones) hasn't been too happy.