1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by striddle, Jan 14, 2019 at 5:33 AM.

1. striddle

striddle New commenter

Hi Everybody,
    Just wanted to start a thread to tell you how amazing it is to work in Bangalore, India.

I am working as Deputy Principal at an International School in Bangalore. Myself and my Indian counterpart lead the Primary Years school. I joined the school in August last year after having taught in state schools in Nottinghamshire for 15 years.
    India is very much an attack on the senses - the traffic and general bustle take a little getting used to - however, the people really do take you to their hearts. Their kindness and generosity of spirit really is delightful.
    There are lots of western shops and supermarkets so there is actually very little that you cannot get that you would be able to purchase in the UK.
    Bangalore is a rapidly expanding city with a sizeable expat community. There is lots to do and see, and of course there is the rest of this truly amazing country to explore while you are here.

Please get in touch if you would like any more information.