1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working in an outstanding school? Inspection looms!

Discussion in 'Education news' started by MrMedia, Sep 1, 2019.

1. mistermanager

mistermanager New commenter

The Secondary School I work in hasn't been inspected since 2008!!... High alert now, but it has been so long that we are out of the loop!

2. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

Yet more new commenters springing up from nowhere to talk of schools that haven't been inspected for decades !!

What utter complete crumble!

3. janerain72

janerain72 New commenter

@JL48
    My previous "outstanding" workplace hasnt been inspected since 2008 - and that's certainly not crumble!!

4. mistermanager

mistermanager New commenter

I am not a new commentator and have been posting for over a year.... I am just not a regular commentator. What is the problem you have with this?

5. Brunel

Brunel Established commenter

And yet the National Audit Office reported last year that there were nearly 300 previously ‘outstanding’ schools that hadn’t been inspected in more than a decade.

agathamorse likes this.
  6. R13

R13 New commenter

Of course those of us in Special Schools were never spared Inspection and continued to have OFSTED arrive whether we had an Outstanding grade or even consecutive Outstanding Inspection outcomes

7. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

Sounds like complete rhubarb to me - with custard !

[​IMG]

8. Cynic01

Cynic01 New commenter

JL48 - some of us tend to read rather than comment - we have nevertheless been present on the forum for many years. I am afraid these statements from ‘new’ commentators are neither crumble nor rhubarb! I am partial to both however...,

JL48 and agathamorse like this.