1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

working in a catholic school

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by minilady, Mar 31, 2011.

1. hi have seen a job i'd like to apply for in a catholic primary. how likely is it to be employed if you're not a practising christian (don't attend church)
    thanks

2. As a practising catholic-I can't really answer that. However, a couple of things to consider in your application.
    Make sure you have some knowledge of the catholic practise of the school and prove how you would be willing to uphold the values and practises while working there.
    Catholic schools tend to say prayers at the begining and end of the day and before lunch, the school tends to centre around religious practises-visitign church/hymn practise
    I recently attended an interview for a catholic school and was asked. 'How would uphold the catholic ethos of the school?'-I would aim to answer that in your application. hth