1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

working hours- part time query

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by fairydust2010, Feb 16, 2012.

1. My daughter is just 2 but im already thinking about how to handle everthing when she starts school. I am a primary teacher and single so i work full time currently. We live out of catchment area so her attending my school is out of the question. Was just wondering if anybody had proposed working 9 til 2.30 everyday instead of a job share of 2 or 3 days. We do have 2 floating teachers currently who do not have a class responsibility so in theory it is a possibility. Would like to know if anybody else has been successful with a similar situation? I had to return to work full time when she was 3 months old and would love to be able to take her and pick her up from school!
    Thanks

2. we have had a couple of parttime situations in our place over the years. we had one teacher five days a week from 9-12.30 and another who did 9-2 every day. Spose it depends on your school though!

3. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

This seems harder in primary than perhaps in secondary. The best option would probably be if you became a floater - if you have your own class it could be tricky if you're never there at the start or end of the day.