1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working hours and being forced to make phone calls.

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by DaisysLot, Jun 28, 2011.

1. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

How far do you want to push this? And why as you have gained time would you want to object?

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Lead commenter

I would have thought it was beneficial to other colleagues and to the school. After all it is in your interest too for the school to perform well in public examinations. Would you prefer to be set some "non-task" to have to jump through a hoop to proove you are hanging the moose's head?

3. I'm leaving the school and thoroughly hacked off that others are made to do considerably more than others. They are also refusing to let me go to my new school for an induction day - so I know it's petty but I don't see why I should do that if they are behaving like that to me?

4. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Because they are paying your salary and it falls under the remit of your responsibilites?

5. Err, grow up and don't moan about doing an undemanding task during the extra time you are lucky enough to have. It is actually your HODs job to direct you to do appropriate tasks, of which this is clearly one, during such time.

6. Hey it will soon all be over and it sounds like you need a break.
    Peace and love.[​IMG]
    Jamie

7. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

how hard is it to make a few phone calls? just get on with it!!

8. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Not sure it does. Sounds like admin to me.