1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working from home

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by legoearth, Aug 6, 2011.

1. legoearth

legoearth New commenter

I'm seriously considering setting up and working from home.I have no formal teaching qualification but have many years experience in 7-11 SEN. Do any of you work from home? What are the pit falls or benefits? What hours do you usually work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. legoearth

legoearth New commenter

I'm seriously considering setting up and working from home.I have no formal teaching qualification but have many years experience in 7-11 SEN. Do any of you work from home? What are the pit falls or benefits? What hours do you usually work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

If you are planning to teach from home you will need suitable insurance (public liability I think). Also don't forget that most children would only be available to teach between the hours of 4 and 7 if primary (even 7 is pushing it a bit) so you may struggle to earn enough.

4. legoearth

legoearth New commenter

Thanks. That's what I was thinking with the hours but as an income supplement that would be fine. What insurance companies do any of you use? I'm totally at a loss on how to start up!!

5. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Sorry - can't help you there as I don't teach in my own home.

6. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

tower insurance is one poss you'd need to speak to em tho