1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working Conditions in Dubai - yes i have searched!

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by pixie8, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Hey,

I am a Scottish teacher currently living and working in the States. I have quite frankly had enough of the crappy paperwork etc. I am not ready to return to the wind and rain of Scotland, so have been looking at Dubai.

I have looked into the application process etc. My questions are "life out of work" questions!

I am 27, female and single. I want to be somewhere where I can have a good work/social life balance. I want to work where the holidays are regular (not like the USA), a good social life and I want to be valued as a teacher.

I was hoping that people with experience of teaching in Dubai would be able to help me on this.

Thanks,

Pix x

2. Hey,

I am a Scottish teacher currently living and working in the States. I have quite frankly had enough of the crappy paperwork etc. I am not ready to return to the wind and rain of Scotland, so have been looking at Dubai.

I have looked into the application process etc. My questions are "life out of work" questions!

I am 27, female and single. I want to be somewhere where I can have a good work/social life balance. I want to work where the holidays are regular (not like the USA), a good social life and I want to be valued as a teacher.

I was hoping that people with experience of teaching in Dubai would be able to help me on this.

Thanks,

Pix x

3. You are in the wrong forum. Post on the "teaching overseas" formu instead.

4. It depends on the school - you are at their mercy. The laws are good in Dubai but aren't always kept to. It's a great lifestyle and your money goes further. You can be sacked for being pregnant (even if you're married) but you can hire a nanny for £100 a month. Pay and conditions vary immensely. ********* don't make it easy for you to transfer schools after a year, but most of the others do. Dubai College and Jumeirah College are the best ones. I found that a lot more was handed to me on a plate and discipline was better, but it was the same number of hours I was working. The government schools have appaling reputations.

5. d4ve

d4ve New commenter

How do you choose what forum to post on? thanks