1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working as a tutor for an online tutoring company.

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by hcho8, Aug 30, 2017.

1. hcho8

hcho8 New commenter

Hello, I have few questions about being an online tutor for an online tutoring company (
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    ):

• How hard is it for online high school math tutors
      [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
      , etc. to get six 1-hour tutoring requests in a day (or three 2-hour tutoring requests)? Does the online tutor have to be really good and spend a lot of time online to get that amount of requests?

• My understanding is that most online tutoring companies have a set wage for their online tutors (~$20 USD)... How often do the companies increase this set wage for their online tutors? I am asking this because someone told me that online tutoring companies are known for not increasing their tutors' wage (e.g. to adjust for inflation, etc.). Is this true?
    :S thank you,

2. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hi @hcho8 , welcome to the forum.
    May I suggest that you contact @Matt-Thompson :-

Good luck!

3. hcho8

hcho8 New commenter

Hello,
    Thank you very much for your reply. I am new to this forum and I am not exactly sure how I should message him / contact him. Is there a way to message him through tes website?

Thank you,

4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hallo again @hcho8,

Here is a link :
    https://community.tes.com/threads/how-to-guide.210980/
    How to Start a Conversation with another member (or members)

If you want to have a private conversation (PM) with another member (or members), you can do it two ways:

Via the drop-down menu

You can access the drop-down menu by hovering over your username in the top right-hand side of the top navigation bar.

You should see Conversation listed in the menu.

[​IMG]

1. Click the link that says Start a Conversation.

2. Add participants by typing their usernames; matching names will auto-populate as you type.

[​IMG]

3. Create a conversation title (subject line) and your message. You'll have access to the same tools as you have when creating posts. You can give conversation participants the ability to invite others, if that's something you want.

You can currently start a conversation from a thread

1. Click on a user's name within any thread.
    2. On the resulting profile pop-up, click on Start a Conversation.

[​IMG]

To follow existing conversations, check your Inbox.

You can change the settings for who can start a Conversation with you by going to your profile and then 'Privacy' and scroll down to the 'People Who May...' section.

[​IMG]

TES_Rosaline, Sep 10, 2015

5. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

If hcho8 is new to these forums, he/she might well still be under moderation, in which case the Conversation Starting functionality is not available.

Is that the case @hcho8 ?