1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Working and saving in Middle East

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by ilovethe1980s, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    I'm considering going to the Middle East to teach in September but am wondering how much I could expect to be paid there. I have 4 years experience and have TLR1 (Assistant KS4 Co-ordinator). I would like to save money while I'm there, and am wondering
    a) what is the average package I could get offered with a school
    b) how much I would need to earn to cover living expenses.

I've read loads on TES forums, but it's from quite a while back, and I'm not sure what the 'norm' is now.

I would like to work in Abu Dhabi/Qatar...

Thanks in advance :)

2. Hi All,
    I'm considering going to the Middle East to teach in September but am wondering how much I could expect to be paid there. I have 4 years experience and have TLR1 (Assistant KS4 Co-ordinator). I would like to save money while I'm there, and am wondering
    a) what is the average package I could get offered with a school
    b) how much I would need to earn to cover living expenses.

I've read loads on TES forums, but it's from quite a while back, and I'm not sure what the 'norm' is now.

I would like to work in Abu Dhabi/Qatar...

Thanks in advance :)

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Try the "Teaching Overseas" forum- some of them there might currently work in the areas you are interested in!

4. charb74

charb74 New commenter

Hi there,
    I have been offered a job in Abu Dhabi, with 13000 AED per month + 11600 AED housing allowance. For a 3-person family, like my family, 3000 AED per month is more than enough for market shopping, eating out twice a month, etc. I searched this over the Internet and double-checked it. I think the figures are similar in other countries, too. If I were you, I'd consider UAE, Qatar or Kuwait. You will save a lot of you are single.
    PS If you have a partner but not married, it is against law to live together in UAE. It is probably the same in other MidEast countries.