1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work work work

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Purplepasta326, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Purplepasta326

Purplepasta326 New commenter

Why is it that we as teachers always put work before everything else?? Have come home today from work with shingles (lucky me). Over the past 4 months have also had quincy (barrel of laughs) and something else rather traumatic, but for some reason I always sit worrying about work first! Planning has been sent for next couple of days, and I am sat trawling NUT guidance re. absence- terrified of going back for fear of getting a disciplinary. (When all in all I have had a grand total 12 days absence all of which have been genuine and supported with a doctors note). Am I the only person to ever do this???

2. No, not by a long chalk. I have spent the last few years doing nothing but work. It hasn't got me a medal, a payrise, any recognition or any additional joy for my job. I'm currently having counselling for a work-related 'thing' and my counsellor has said that it simply isn't possible to work as many hours as I did without getting ill.
    So, if you're ill, you're ill and that's the long and the short of it. Your doctor signed you off and you can't be disciplined for being ill because that's against the law!
    Relax and get well. It really IS only a job [​IMG]

3. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Poem is 100% correct PP x