1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work related stress off but feeling worse

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by dht46, Jan 26, 2015.

1. dht46

dht46 New commenter

Have finally given up trying to fight my way through the stress I have been put under at work and went to the doctor who has signed me off for two weeks.

Instead of feeling better that I wont have to go into work I am worrying that I did the right thing and that it will cause even more problems and harassment. Plus worrying how it will affect the kids in my class. Plus worrying that it will affect my future job prospects as I love teaching just not at current school with bullying head. Also worrying everyone will think I am weak and confirm what the head is saying that I am a rubbish teacher.

Why cant I stop all this negativity and just relax?? How will I ever be well enough to go back if I cant even calm down when I am at home?

2. barmyarmy

barmyarmy New commenter

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like this. I couldn't switch off and relax for a very long time, things do get easier though and time is a great healer. Try not to worry too much, I know that's easier said than done though!

Go out for some walks, go swimming, spoil yourself.

You will feel well enough to go back eventually. I've been off for a very long time, first with stress and then depression but I am gearing up to go back soon, I'll have been off for about 22 weeks in total.

Hope you feel better soon.

3. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

It will take time, try and relax, watch movies and start reading novels to take your mind away. It is different for everyone, wish you better, it's really tough in schools now. All this is very common. You aren't unique sadly, it is all too common.