1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work load at Christmas

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by fayenichol, Jun 29, 2020.

1. fayenichol

fayenichol New commenter

Hello! I am beginning my TT course in English this September! Due to COVID-19 my birthday holiday to Paris had to be put on hold and the only time I will be able to go next is in December. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the work load will be like in Christmas term time and if I will be able to have a weekend off to go away?

2. ajc89

ajc89 Occasional commenter

@fayenichol Depends when you will be in school. I had part of a placement for about a week at the beginning of December And Uni finished around the 10th/15th I think.... but if you’re not in school and just uni, it won’t harm you to miss a few days! You get days off anyways. Unless it was a placement I had at least 2 days M-F off (I would have done some assignments or whatever for a bit on these days but not so much that I couldn’t do anything else

3. 43Meadows

43Meadows New commenter

Workload is likely to be busy, you will probably have an assignment due either just before or just after Christmas. Then there is lesson planning which, to a new trainee, takes ages.

it’s up to you, depends on your TT provider and when they set the assignments for but as organised as I am, I would not have planned a weekend away. Even weekends that are not spent on teaching/tasks/essays I was too tired to have been up for a weekend away.

My advice, focus on your TT, have a weekend away next summer to celebrate passing the course instead.