1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work load 0.8

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by clairerichards15, Oct 4, 2019.

1. clairerichards15

clairerichards15 New commenter

Hiya! I work for days a week and just wondering what the 'rules' are with regard work load- I have the same work load as someone working full time (except that I dont mark the lessons that are taught on my day off) just wondering if I have any right to argue this? Full responsibility for planning, assessment, classroom environment etc and the same deadlines as a full timer

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Are you planning the lessons that are taught on your day off? If so, that ought to be taken into consideration - but maybe you're getting a full-time ration of PPA? Some of the rest you might be able to address by what is delegated to your day off, eg delegate art and allocate a display board for that. Is the other day being covered by a teacher? Can they take responsibility for assessing certain subjects/topics that they are delivering, and contribute a couple of lines to each report?

3. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

You shouldn't be planning for your day off. Simples.

4. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

speak to your union. Its bang out of order for you to be planning for lessons on your day off