1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work in FE College - Is it possible to complete NQT year?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by ClareSudbery, Sep 21, 2011.

1. I was looking for info on this topic and foudn this thread, but I think it may be out of date.
    Is it still true that you can complete your NQT year in an FE college?

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The information given still stands.

3. Dear James
    I also completed by PGCE in 2007, are you sure the 5 year rules no longer applies? Great news if so!
    Also, if I work in an FE college do I have to complete my NQT? Is it an option or a requirement?
    Thanks

4. I should add, I started my NQT in 2007 (I was part-time), but haven't worked in a college which offered it since so haven't finished.

5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Induction is not manadatory in the post compulsory sector and yes the 5 year rule has been removed- although there are currently consultations about post 16 teaching qualifications and induction on the DFE website so next year the situation will change.

6. You're unlikely to get induction in FE or 6th form. Why would they offer it? Fine in theory, what with the new rule change, but what would be the motivation of the 6th form or FE college to offer something that doesn't benefit them?