1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work groups

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by krisgreg30, Feb 5, 2017.

1. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Not quite sure where to put this so thought where better than amongst the people that make resources :)

I found this article very interesting:
    https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/blog/tes-maths-our-panel-teachers

Now, I think the work they do is incredible. However, as a primary teacher it sticks out that these sort of groups are all secondary teachers. While it is great that they are sharing resources for one another, it made me question why we don't have similar groups for primary education, baring in mind we are teaching a wide range of subjects with varying confidence levels. Surely it would make sense to have primary led groups who could identify top quality resources for staff to aid them in areas they are less confident?

Just wondering if people agree that there is need for something like this? Is it something people would be interested in doing?

Owen134866 and mracdpresent like this.
  2. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

They haven't found, rated and reviewed any of my primary maths resources (certainly not premium ones), Kris. And I have well over 100! It is a shame that no one on the panel is Primary focused.

krisgreg30 likes this.
  3. krisgreg30

I think it's a real key absence to not have people involved in primary maths on the panel when they are surely required much more than secondary.

4. krisgreg30

I for one would love to go through identifying resources for primary teachers to help develop maths in classrooms and schools.

5. Owen134866

Owen134866 New commenter

Hi krisgreg - thanks for the feedback. I'll let the TES Maths panel leader know. It might be case of adding some Primary staff, or having a separate group completely.

Any more suggestions welcomed :)

6. krisgreg30