1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work Experience

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by kleup, Jan 23, 2012.

1. I've also been getting work experience, I just emailed the school explaining that I was doing a degree in *insert subject* was passionate about teaching *because* and that I would like to come into that particular school because I really liked *something specific about the school* - I didn't send a CV with any of it, just wrote it as a nice letter or email. I think if you show that you're interested in a specific school it does help, I've been going in for classroom observations to 2 different schools since last Easter, I got invited to go and meet the headteacher to talk about why I wanted to visit their school and it was a bit like an informal interview before arranging the details.

2. chloe1402

chloe1402 New commenter

Hi, I would agree with the post above, an email or letter to schools explaining that your hoping to apply for a PGCE course and would like to spend some time in their school. When looking to get experience for primary myself, I sent letters to every school in the area that I knew I could get to (was around 16 schools), only 4 replied so be prepared to have to give them a call if you hear nothing after a few weeks. I was asked to go and see the headteacher at one school, where we just had a chat about what it was I wanted to do and arranged some experience from there. Hope this helps.