1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work experience students in music

Discussion in 'Music' started by tea_and_cake, Jun 5, 2011.

1. How old / experienced is this student? I've recently had a Year 10 student doing work experience (supporting groups during practical work, making displays, inventory of equipment, photocopying etc) and a potential PGCE student, who did activities similar to those you described. Also, for someone considering a PGCE or similar, how about a pupil trail, time observing a TA or similar, to give them an idea of school life in general? Most comment on how different it is to their memory of being a pupil!

2. Also, if a prospective trainee, how about talking to an NQT in the school, to help them find out more about the training process?

3. Clean out the cupboard! I've got one for her if yours is done.

4. Ha ha! we have several!!!
    She's a Y10 student from our Music Department.
    Thanks!

5. In that case, how about;
    Designing a few cover worksheets for KS3 on musical topics of her choice.
    Researching and making a display or leaflet about post-16 music courses in your area, to share with other Year 10s.
    Creating the programme / posters etc for any upcoming concerts.
    Checking leads, amps, etc.

I'm sure you've thought about this, but make sure you are careful about how and when you show her other pupils' work and details; as a current pupil, she shouldn't have access to info about others in the school.

Hope it goes well.

6. Ooh, I like these ideas - thanks!