1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Work deadlines that fall in school holidays.

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Mr.Prez, Feb 14, 2012.

1. My teaching colleagues and I have been tasked with analysing the outcome of a recent set of assessments. Fair enough. However, the deadline for this falls within half-term.
    I feel pretty annoyed by this. I have never received a deadline *within* a holiday before (been teaching since 1998), and it feels intrusive. If the date had been before the holiday, or just after, then fair enough. I know that I need to work within holidays, and at weekends too - we all do. But virtually to specify how I manage *my* time is rather irksome.
    Any similar experiences? Is this common? Am I being too precious?

2. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

Tell them you have not been able to do it as you've been on holiday.

3. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Make sure you send this message to the Head on a postcard.

4. i had something similar so replied that i was had plans and was very busy this week but that i'd make sure it was done for the first friday back.....

5. However many weekdays into the halfterm it is you do it by that date back. Send an email though asap saying "I have noticed an error within x stating that y needs to be done by z. As this week is halfterm I assume you meant to write the deadline was abc of next week when we are back at work. I will of course have y done by then."

Many thanks