1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Words behaving badly Sue Cowling Anyone got the poem?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Numpty2009, Sep 29, 2007.

1. HI

I am planning the power of imagery topic using the hamilton plans and am looking for the poem Words Behaving Badly by Sue Cowling.

I am aware that its in a book but I'm really trying to stop spending my hard earned cash?

IF anyone could let me know Id be grateful.

2. HI

I am planning the power of imagery topic using the hamilton plans and am looking for the poem Words Behaving Badly by Sue Cowling.

I am aware that its in a book but I'm really trying to stop spending my hard earned cash?

IF anyone could let me know Id be grateful.

3. slisa92

slisa92 New commenter

Words Behaving Badly -Sue Cowling
    Words
    Develop nasty habits-
    Getting out of order,
    GOind off at tangents,
    Breaking rules,
    Attention seeking.
    Give them fifty lines.
    They take delight
    In ambushing the reader,
    Going round in gangs
    With their unsuitable friends
    Imagining they're poems!
    Words-
    I'd keep an eye on them
    If I were you.

Source: By permission of the author, printed in The Works 4: Every kind of poem on every topic that you will ever need for the Literacy Hour Chosen by Pie Corbett and Gaby Morgan.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2018 at 1:41 AM
  4. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

Is "by permission of the author" for printing it in The Works 4, or for posting it on a public forum?

(Once you know what book it's in, always worth trying your local library.)

5. Waiguoren

Waiguoren New commenter

I imagine "by permission of the author" is for it to be included in the book, and I'm pretty sure that these few words are well within the amount you're amount to quote freely from a book.