1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WORCESTER UNI PGCE SECONDARY ENGLISH

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Miss_Qatar, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    Relatively new to this forum..recently applied to do PGCE secondary English after having done PCET and taught in FE and absolutely hated it!! Has anyone applied for Worcester uni and had an interview? What is it like? any help would be grateful...thanks :)
    pippy

2. Hi everyone,
    Relatively new to this forum..recently applied to do PGCE secondary English after having done PCET and taught in FE and absolutely hated it!! Has anyone applied for Worcester uni and had an interview? What is it like? any help would be grateful...thanks :)
    pippy

3. Hi Pippy

I've applied, but have heard nothing, save for a postcard acknowledgement! When I spoke to them, they said they won't be holding the next round of interviews until July, which has put me off a bit - I mean...it wouldn't give me any time to apply for funding. I applied quite late, so all my other choices were full. Worcester would be too much of a jaunt anyway.
    I wish you the best of luck with your application though. They are a good provider and well respected in secondary English circles.
    A.

4. hiyaa :)
    uh-oh....i literally had just sent off my application when i posted on this forum...gosh july is pretty late, isn't it! probably by that time every other institution will fill up its places and if i don't get accepted for whatever reason, kind of lose out in that sense..*sighs*
    in regards to funding, i wouldnt worry too much - im assuming you mean student loan? whenever i was at uni i'd apply late and u always pretty much get it at the start of the course, not really had a problem with it
    Anyhow..fingers crossed..hope it goes well :)

Pippy x