1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Worcester GTP Interview tomorrow - Last minute advice!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jdd29, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hi. Big thanks to Jo2882 and any other contributors that I have spoken to recently as you have been a big help so far!

However I now have my GTP Primary Interview at Worcester tomorrow so am in the final stages. I am pretty happy with my presentation and have been revising KS3 maths.

My main concern is on the Rose Report. I feel I am quite strong in English and understand that this is really a test of this, however how much actual theory do we need to know here. Is knowing the basics around the report (2 dimensions etc..) enough or are we expected to offer opinion.

Also for the group task any advice on the topic would be great. I know in previous years it has been on current issues in Primary but this seems pretty wide!!

Finally any tips on the actual interview would be great!

Thanks for your help!!

2. Hi. Big thanks to Jo2882 and any other contributors that I have spoken to recently as you have been a big help so far!

However I now have my GTP Primary Interview at Worcester tomorrow so am in the final stages. I am pretty happy with my presentation and have been revising KS3 maths.

My main concern is on the Rose Report. I feel I am quite strong in English and understand that this is really a test of this, however how much actual theory do we need to know here. Is knowing the basics around the report (2 dimensions etc..) enough or are we expected to offer opinion.

Also for the group task any advice on the topic would be great. I know in previous years it has been on current issues in Primary but this seems pretty wide!!

Finally any tips on the actual interview would be great!

Thanks for your help!!

3. Hi!
    I had an interview at Worcester for the GTP today. For the group task we were split into three different groups, so i'm not sure if everyone had the same topic, but think about what qualities good teachers have, and what good teaching means. For the written task, think about the theory behind the report, the 2 dimensions and think about the effects this theory has on literacy.
    The interview was a lot easier than I thought it would be, The interviewers for my group were really friendly and put me at ease straight away. My main tip would be to stay calm, and enjoy it. Take a few seconds to think about the questions they ask if you need to.
    Most of all, Good Luck!
    Sarah

4. Hi Sarah.

Thanks so much for the advice. Set my mind at ease. Had mine today and went ok I think and everyone was really nice like you said. Just hope it was enough!

Hope to meet next year as it means we would have both got through!

Good luck!