1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WOOOO got a place at Cumbria Uni!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by saro87, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Just had to share the news Im so excited although it is conditional on me getting a 2.1!!!!has anyone else been accepted?

2. Just had to share the news Im so excited although it is conditional on me getting a 2.1!!!!has anyone else been accepted?

3. Is this for Primary? Well Done!!!!!!x

4. yes for general primary!thank you im over the moon :))

5. Congrats, well done :)

I have an interview in January, hopefully I'll see you next year then if I do ok :/

I read on your other thread about the presentation that it's only infront of 4/5 people. That's lifted a great weight off my mind, thank you!

If you don't mind, can I ask you a bit more about the interview day? Was it ok overall? Not too intimidating, etc.

6. Hiya, the interviewers were really friendly and make you feel quite relaxed I was so nervous but managed to calm down with their help!Other people however were quite competative and try to talk over you in the group presentation i just tried to be polite and still get my point of view in without being pushy I also think they want you to apply whatever you say to your experience I did this a lot in all of the tasks!! I think the literacy task was the hardest as you dont get the chance to plan what you will write but I think they are looking for spelling grammar and handwriting more than anything else as my essay was rubbish but I still got in :) Another tip, everyone I spoke to was doing their presentation on early reading so I would suggest maybe doing mathematics if only to make yourself stand out!good luck hope you are successful I cant wait to start now!!!![​IMG]