1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

woohoo gt the job....but still no induction

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by breakrota, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Hi every one
    i just recently got a new job as a teaching assistant.However i still have not had an induction nor signed a contract.Also if not been told about pay.I will be working 22hrs a week any one know what the pay will be like?

2. Hi,
    Firstly thank you very much for the two responces i have. Yes i have started working with them since wednesday 5th january.Only on friday i recived a form to fill in with my bank details,however i have not been told about pay.Another thing i am worried about is i have a pre planned pre booked holiday that i have booked one week before the april school holidays.They did not ask me at the interview if i have a prebooked holiday..so i am hoping to tell them on monday ..would that be a problem..im just a little scared???

3. Tell them ASAP, I don't know if it will be a problem but you need to get it sorted.
    As for the pay, just ask, you should have had a letter telling you your salary! Don't be afraid, I'm sure they have just forgotton :)

4. I'm the same - started working there on Tuesday but not heard about a contract or pay. I've not given anyone my bank details, so not sure how I'll be paid! I did, however, fill in a CRB form before Christmas - I only interviewed & got the job the day before they broke up & I think Christmas has stopped anything being sorted out properly in the mean time. I know I'll be getting CP & H&S training in the next few weeks though.

5. Warning about the CRB, they seem to be taking ages at the moment. I have been waiting 10 WEEKS for mine! Thankfully my school has let me start but I have to be supervised everywhere! You should ask about the bank details, you need to paid obviously! :)

6. Our CRBs are done on line now, the last one took 10 days to come through!

7. oki...I'v sorted out my holiday as it was preplanned wont b a problem just have to take it unpayed.My crb is ok i'v filled one in already but have one from the agency i was doing supply through ,so will use that in the mean while.