1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Woohoo - at the end of my NQT year!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Massey118, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I am just about to complete my NQT year, I am so happy. Although I will miss my thursdays mornings NQT time.
    To those still completeing theres:
    Make your NQT time count. I wasted a lot. I would really try and work out what you want to do - observe teachers, go on as many courses that you feel are suitable and use them for assessing etc.
    Also make sure you ask for help as much as possible - I did.
    I had a great year and was really supported by everyone in school. I was also made d&t co-ordinator and climate change officer during the year so I must be doing something right!!

Just wanted to say there is light at the end of tunnel - stick with it everyone and Get the Help and Support you need!

2. I am just about to complete my NQT year, I am so happy. Although I will miss my thursdays mornings NQT time.
    To those still completeing theres:
    Make your NQT time count. I wasted a lot. I would really try and work out what you want to do - observe teachers, go on as many courses that you feel are suitable and use them for assessing etc.
    Also make sure you ask for help as much as possible - I did.
    I had a great year and was really supported by everyone in school. I was also made d&t co-ordinator and climate change officer during the year so I must be doing something right!!

Just wanted to say there is light at the end of tunnel - stick with it everyone and Get the Help and Support you need!

3. Well done, it's great to have a positive story of help and support through the NQT year.

James