1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wonga ag

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Dec 11, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I know that they must pay but surely there must be an ethical reason why TES shouldn't run an ad for a company like this?

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I know that they must pay but surely there must be an ethical reason why TES shouldn't run an ad for a company like this?

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

5. There probably is an ethical reason - but when someone waves £££ under your nose it's very hard to say "no".

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

so a slightly lower APR than the 800,000% that Lloyds charge for an unauthorised overdraft

APR is meaningless for short term lending

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

But they survive by appealing to people who cannot get 'regular' finance and so the apr count

8. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

no it not, and nor is it right.

any business that survives by taking advantage of people money is wrong. But this has always happened, hell I remember being 8 and provident used to knock on your door once a week and take £5 away for their loan of £100.

9. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I agree, I run a couple of websites and have blocked these ads turning up on them.