1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wondering how many people use sound circle in their lessons?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Maureenferry, Feb 4, 2011.

1. I recently used the drama convention of sound circle in a lesson and discovered that the person in my department who observed me had never heard of it before and thought it was a technique used in music. I explained that the technique aalowed students to explore a characters movements theough use of instruments and create atmophere. Any feedback would be most welcome.

2. I recently used the drama convention of sound circle in a lesson and discovered that the person in my department who observed me had never heard of it before and thought it was a technique used in music. I explained that the technique aalowed students to explore a characters movements theough use of instruments and create atmophere. Any feedback would be most welcome.

3. Yes, I do, got it from an Augusto Boal book, I can't remember what he called it- "carnival of rio" or something.
    It's great game for any number of reasons- disinhibition, teamwork, vocal and physical emphases, chorus work. I like it because it helps kids break away from naturalism