1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wonderful head!

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by choca_holic, Nov 30, 2012.

1. I am an NQT and have just come out of a difficult meeting with a parent, which I have been really stressed about all week. Won’t go into details for obvious reasons! My head is so wonderfully supportive and I seriously don’t know how I would have got through this week without her wisdom, support and very good advice. Just wanted to say thank you to all the heads out there that are really behind your staff, it makes such a HUGE difference and this week has made me realise how lucky I am to have a head like mine for my NQT year (and hopefully beyond!).
    Enjoy your well-earned weekends everyone. I’ll be getting a much needed glass of wine methinks!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm glad that it has all worked out well for you, because you must have been worried.
    Have a glass of something special on me!

Best wishes

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I'm glad you got through it and your head was supportive. I always try to support my staff and make it clear that I value their work- it made a huge difference to me as a teacher when I worked with heads who did. Have a good weekend.
    All too often people are quick to criticise, it's nice you took the time to praise.