1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Women's Menopause

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sebedina, Oct 13, 2015.

1. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

I am currently going through this. It is hideous!! no one really told me!!

I am hot, I suddenly start sweating in class and feeling overwhelmed even though I am wearing a t shirt.

I seem to get memory loss (for names of pop stars or trivia in mid-sentence) my TAs probably think I am nuts!

I get depressive thoughts at night especially and see everything as pointless! Then I am back to normal for a short while, before it all starts again!!

Any advice?? I wonder if I have grown two heads and feel self-conscious in school!!

2. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

You can take HRT and it all goes back to normal.. Or you can think of an alternative strategy which will work a bit for a while and then stop working.

grumpydogwoman and emerald52 like this.
  3. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Try posting this on Health and WellbeingI

4. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I'm sorry to hear you're getting grief from this, sebedina. I trust that if I suggest there's a superfluous word in your thread title you won't be as difficult to live with as my sweetheart was when she went through this stage of her life.

kibosh likes this.
  5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Sebedina - try HERE

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It might seem endless at the time but afterwards it seems like nothing, I can hardly remember it. I had HRT for 10 years after my hysterectomy and the removal of my ovaries but had to give it up eventually and go through menopause.

7. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Same here InkyP

8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

You are going to hate me, but I went through it without any symptoms.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

*runs away*

9. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Am I the only one thinking that the word 'Women's' in the title is superfluous?

kibosh likes this.
  10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Post 4

11. harsh-but-fair

Ahhh :oops:

Not alone then .... I feel a hot flush coming on ...

kibosh and Duke of York like this.
  12. Duke of York

No son, at the moment, you're looking like the only one who didn't read the thread in its entirety.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Please don't. It's like the Eurozone thread.

Duke of York likes this.
  14. Duke of York

Can we all agree here and now that there is no such thing as the male menopause?

The similarities about behaviour relating to a disappearing youth deserves a name of its its own. Who can come up with it?

15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Senescence.

16. harsh-but-fair

Son?

Is that you, Dad?

kibosh likes this.
  17. Duke of York

I'm hoping so. To be honest, there was only one child i know that was the fruit of my loins, but its possible that others were hidden fromme.

I need someone to leave my wealth to.What I need from you to qualify for it in my will is how much you'd charge punters to look over my estate, whether you'd allow fox hunting on it and deny access to the the rooms where there was speculation that child abuse took place by politicians and the police.

Are you up to that HBF or are you too honest? If I can't ind a family member who'll keep my good name good, I'll have to leave my home to the Catholic Church.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  18. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

Err haven't you strayed off topic? My menopause was dramatic, like the "princess and the pea", and I bled out many times, sometimes ruining the upholstery in public places despite several layers of protection. I also nearly fainted in Disneyland Paris during the whole affair. It is not a situation always of a few hot flushes, but dramatic changes to your body in a short time. Not something to laugh about at all.

19. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

I agree with felltoground.
    The jokes may be funny but they are misplaced
    not that it will appear for a while

20. harsh-but-fair

Anything to keep it out of the hands of the Catholic Church ...

Is your dukedom hereditary, btw?

Duke of York likes this.