1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Women Teachers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MrCooley, Mar 23, 2011.

1. The g/friend is a teacher - primary school
    She despairs about
    the plethora of women - goes on about how bitchy they are, but
    particularly how, when one is promoted, it all goes **** up, so to
    speak. An ego the size of Wales, apparently, and a personality akin to
    Myra Hindley
    Oh, and it's all so cliquey
    Those who can 'do', those who can't........
    What is it with women? Gotta bring in these military bods (as reported) to install some law and order.
    Haway the lads.....

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

WOW Glad I don't work in the same school as your gf then!

Not heard any real bitching in our place. Definitely not cliquey at all, surprising given the size of the place. I think the large group of TAs are a little cliquey...but even then not bitchy at all.

Tell you gf to find a better school.

3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

What is it with some men who feel the need to generalise?

4. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I agree. You seem like my kind of guy. We should have some beers and discuss how tough men are. gggrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm surprised schools actually function with all these women in them.

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I rather despair of men who refer to "the g/friend" or "the missus".

6. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

The OP was obviously on a bit of a wind up but I don't see a problem with 'the missus'. I often call my wife that and she doesn't care. I also call her plenty of other things and as does she to me.

7. My fella calls me his 'missus' all the time, nothing wrong with it

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL Mine is never that polite!

9. I have to agree, as a student I've been on many placements in schools, nurseries and children's centres where the majority (if not all) the workforce were female.
    I have never known so much bitching in my life! I was at a setting during the summer of 2010 where the practitioners often had differing opinions on the outdoor provision and would change it without consulting each other. One afternoon, there was a slanging match in the staff room and one of the practitioners was sat in tears!
    Another time, after a Saturday fun day for the local community, the staff were close to fist-fighting (around 15 of them involved!) Monday morning was strange...

10. And I don't mind "the missus", although we're not married yet!
    I think it depends on the context... we're quite laid back and jokey so even "the ball and chain" doesn't offend me!