1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Women Teachers

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by MrCooley, Mar 23, 2011.

1. The g/friend is a teacher - primary school
    She despairs about the plethora of women - goes on about how bitchy they are, but particularly how, when one is promoted, it all goes **** up, so to speak. An ego the size of Wales, apparently, and a personality akin to Myra Hindley
    Oh, and it's all so cliquey
    What is it with women? Gotta bring in these military bods (as reported) to install some law and order.
    Haway the lads.....

2. And what do you do?
    Apart from being her b/friend?

3. It looks like the OP is just trying to cause a sexist argument on this forum by slandering women teachers. This is a cheap attempt at humorous debate.
    Well I for on am not going to be drawn into offending my female colleagues, they perform very valuable functions within schools and are every bit as competent as male teachers. So there.

Besides someone has to wash the tea mugs.

4. groovybob

groovybob New commenter

5. Has there ever been any doubt?
    Having said that I work with 25 women and 4 men. Our Head is a woman and she is the biggest *** of us all. And she struts. Actually the others are quite nice, laid-back (perhaps a little too much) and quite interested in their <strike>profession </strike>job. Well, they should be they have it for the rest of their lives.[​IMG]
    We have a coffee machine and if we didnt I reckon it would be the men who would have to wash the cups. They're only PE and Music teachers, anyway.

6. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Reported

7. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

bbibler, you are a winker. And no doubt a tiddler to boot.

8. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

I cannot understand why you are taking a position of encouraging swearing on this forum.

In the past, I have always thought of you as a sensible poster and have normally agreed with most of what you say.

9. Mainwaring

Oh dear. I must try harder at triviality.

10. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

You did not answer my main point, why encourage swearing on the forum.

I can understand Bobby and Stopwatch doing it, but you have been a proper teacher. You do not seem the type.

11. 'We have a couple of local bints to wash ours'
    Racist as well as sexist. And linguist. Snobbish, too. Wash them yourselves.

12. Thank you bbibbler. I must admit I was very upset at this particular post from FP. I felt hurt and sick to the stomach, truly. It's about time someone stood up to protect the standards of the forum.

I mean to say, after all of this time and he still spells my name as 'Robbie' and not as 'Robby'.
    Thank you again.
    [​IMG]

13. No, he's not! (If you are referring to Mainwaring)
    The above posts are reminiscent of the quadrupled ane days when I, too, pushed the button a few times until everyone jumped on the bandwagon to the point of inspiring all kinds of biblical connotations and annotations. Then I just walked away. Mind you, I do admit to inciting 'dicho' antagonism.
    Now he just thinks (I presume to know how and what he thinks) I'm illiterate in two languages when, in fact, I'm illiterate in four.
    He's just teasing.

14. Mainwaring

Didn't I?
    Did I? Where?
    The birds and the bees do it. Even educated fleas do it, but your comment rather puzzles me as Bobby hasn't posted on this thread.
    Wrong. I was a very improper teacher. I give thanks that I left the Foggy Rock before Political Correctness had really taken education in a half-nelson.
    I think (hope) 'type' could be a clue.
    Notyet, compa&ntilde;era, I couldn't quite decide whether you meant 'quadruped' as in 'burra' or 'quadrupled' as in four languages. If both, then full marx.
    Bbibler, if your tongue is firmly in your cheek you are doing quite well. If not, you almost certainly bought your corner unit at Sofa World. Now please excuse me while I go and check the shower head.

15. Between them. I spotted him performing this 'Korbutesque' little number when I peeked through his shower curtain.
    Seriously though, I think we are witnessing a once respected poster going through meltdown, imploding under the weight of ridicule.
    I know, I know 'reported'
    Better than being committed.

16. Both, no, Ceasar? Phew! It was in anticipation to what I was about to say. Not (yet) really!
    Oh, don't you start! I'm not to blame for my exquiste background even if it didn't rub off on me which I AM to blame for.

17. ......the offended becomes the offender. Quite unique.

18. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

According to the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," the most offensive word in the universe is "Belgium."
    Can we please avoid using this word in future.

19. Belgium off, bblibbler, you, you antwerp, you...
    REPORTED!

20. Shouldn't that be something like B3lg1um so as not to offend?